World Environment Day 2020 Theme & Slogan: World Environment Day was started due to the increasing pollution in the world and increasing global warming concerns. World Environment Day 2020 theme will be on “Biodiversity”. There is also a concern for nature and a sense of protection against it. In this article, I will explain all the things about World Environment Day 2020 Theme, Slogan, Quotes & Speech.
World Environment Day 2020 is also known as Environment Day or Eco Day. It has been one of the largest annual festivals since the year.
World Environment Day 2020 Theme, Slogan, Quotes & Speech
Although the United Nations had announced to celebrate World Environment Day Theme and Slogan in the world in 1972, the first World Environment Day was celebrated on 5 June 1974. And this time the 46th World Environment Day is being celebrated.
World Environment Day Short Information:
- Official Name – UN World Environment Day. Also called Environment Day, Wide, Eco Day
- Type – International
- The Significance – Environmental issues awareness
- Official Action – Protect the environment
- Date – 5 June, First time -5 June 1974, [46 years ago]
World Environment Day 2020 Theme, Slogan, Quotes & Speech
World Environment Day was started to protect and preserve the environment. The purpose behind celebrating World Environment Day is to make people aware about why protecting the environment is important.
On this occasion, different types of programs are organized all over the world. During these programs, several programs ranging from plantation to environmental awareness are organized as well as discussions on how to preserve the environment.
About World Environment Day
World Environment Day is also known as Environment Day or Eco Day. It has been one of the largest annual festivals since the year.
World Environment Day Theme, Slogan, Quotes & Speech (Wade) occurs every year on June 5th and is the main vehicle of the United Nations, to encourage awareness and measures to protect our environment.
First held in 1974, it has been a major expedition for raising awareness of environmental problems arising from marine pollution, human populations, and global warming, durable costs, and wildlife offenses.
By participating in more than 143 countries annually, Wade is becoming a global platform for the expansion of the public.
Every year the World has a new theme that supports global corporations, NGOs, celebrities worldwide.
The world is being contaminated every day so we have to protect our environment by conducting many awareness programs around the world.
Our responsibility is to keep our environment clean. If we are clear on our side we will be healthy.
Why World Environment Day is celebrated?
World Environment Day annual celebration was started to tell big environmental issues such as air pollution, water crisis, deforestation, global warming, etc.
According to the World Environment Day Theme and Slogan of the year, every year celebration is planned to take effect throughout the world.
To prevent this with other environmental protection methods, focus on forest management to successfully improve carbon footprint such as solar water heater, power generation through solar sources, development of new drainage systems, improvement of coral wall and mangrove regeneration, reducing the impact of greenhouse gas production.
World Environment Day 2020 – Activities
There are various types of activities planned to celebrate this great event in different countries to encourage more people towards this festival.
To solve environmental issues, to promote positive change and impact on the environment, by actively participating in various news channel festivals to spread the message and spread the news among the common people.
Environmental issues, garbage, and various activities include cleaning up the surrounding areas, recycling dirt, planting trees, rallying roads, national and international level activities to draw the public’s attention.
People of all age groups are actively involved during the celebration to save their planet.
From today, young people participate in a large number. To encourage students towards the safety of their environment, A lot of awareness campaigns are being run in colleges and other educational institutions.
Besides, to inform the public about the real cause of the deteriorating levels of the environment at the national and international level, they have to organize various programs in different places and tell them what steps should be taken to solve these environmental problems at the national and international level.
Here are some goals of the campaign
It is celebrated to make common people aware of environmental issues. In addition to being an active agent in the evolving environmental protection system, actively promote the common people of different communities to participate in the festival.
Let them know that people in the community are very important in preventing negative changes in environmental problems.
In order to enjoy a safer, cleaner and happier future, people should encourage their environment to be safe and clean.
World Environment Day 2020 Theme and Slogans
World Environment Day is being celebrated on the basis of special anti-UN organizations to make this festival more effective for large numbers of people around the world to take part in tackling global environmental problems.
Environment Day Theme & Slogans are listed bellow
- The theme of 1974 was “only one earth”.
- The theme of 1975 was “human solidarity.”
- The theme of 1976 was “Water: A Big Source for Life.”
- The theme of 1977 was “ozone layer environmental anxiety; damage to soil and soil damage.”
- The year 1978 theme was “Destructive Development”.
- The theme of 1979 was “Only a future for our children” and the slogan “Development Without Destruction” was.
- The theme of 1980 was “a new challenge for the new decade: development without destruction.”
- The theme of 1981 “underground water; human food chain toxic chemicals.”
- The theme of the year 1982 was “Stockholm (Ten years after the resurgence of environmental concern)”.
- The theme of 1983 was “Safe and Hazardous Dirt Management: Acid Rain and Energy.”
- Theme of 1984’was “dipping.”
- The theme of 1985 was “Youth: Population and Environment.”
- The theme of 1986 was “Plant for Peace”.
- 1987’s theme was “Environment and Roof: More than a Tower.”
- The theme of 1988 was “When people put the environment first, eventually the development will be done.”
- The theme of 1989 “Global warming; Global warming.”
- The theme of the year 1990 was “Children and the Environment.”
- The theme of 1991 was “Climate Change. Global Cooperation Needed.”
- The theme of the year 1992 was “only one world, note, and share.”
- The theme of 1993 was “poverty and environment” and the slogan “Break the vicious cycle.”
- The theme of 1994 was “One Earth One Family.”
- World Environment Day The theme of 1995 was “Humans: Be the One for the Global Environment.”
- The theme of the year 1996 was “Our earth, our house, our house.”
- The theme of 1997 was “Life on Earth.”
- The theme of 1998 was “For life on earth” and the slogan was “Save your ocean.”
- The theme of 1999 was “Our Earth-Our Future” and the slogan was “Save it.”
- The theme of the year 2000 was the slogan was “Time to work.”
- The theme of the year 2001 was “Life’s World Wide Web.”
- The theme of 2002 was “Give the Earth a chance.”
- The theme of 2003 was “Water” and slogan “2 billion people are dying for it.”
- The theme of the year 2004 was “Want! Sea and ocean” and slogan“death or living? “
- Theme of 2005 was “Green City” and the slogan “Planet for Planet”.
- The theme of 2006 was “desert and desertification” and the slogan was “Do not make a desert on dry land.”
- The theme of the year 2007 was “Thawing ice – is a serious topic?”
- The theme of 2008 was CO2, kick the habit – toward a low carbon economy.
- The theme of the year 2009 was “You need your planet – to be one to oppose climate change.”
- The theme of 2010 was “A lot of species. a planet. A future.”
- The theme of the year 2011 was “Jungle: Nature in Your Service.”
- The theme of the year 2012 was “Green Economy: Why has this included you?”
- The theme of 2013 was “Think, Eat, Save” and the slogan was “Decrease your foodprint.”
- World Environment Day The theme of 2014 was “Small Island is a developed state” or “SIDS” and “Pick up your voice, not the sea level.”
- The theme of 2015 was “A world, an environment.”
- The theme of 2016 was “Join the race to make the world a better place”.
- The theme of 2017 “Project to People to Preferred.”
- The theme of 2018 is “Bit plastic pollution”, The host nation is India.
- The theme of 2019 is “Beat Air pollution”. This name comes from China. The story behind this name is Air pollution kills 7 million people this year.
- World Environment Day 2020 The theme will be “Biodiversity.”
Famous Statements about World Environment Day
- “It is terrifying that we have to fight with our government to save the environment.” – Ansal Adams
- “There is a very important environmental issue that is rarely mentioned, and which is a lack of conservation culture in our culture.” – Gallard Nelson
- world crime movement and sponsored crime are the problem of the whole world which does not stop at the border of the nation.” – Warren Christopher
- “Travel with me to the purity of leaving a planet in balance for our children. “- Paul Songs
- “There is only one way to move forward if we must improve the quality of the environment, everyone is about to join.” – Richard Rogers
- “If we do not allow the earth to create beauty and happiness, in the end, it will not produce food, one of the two.” – Joseph Wood Crich
- ” Go in peace, alone; There will be no harm to you. “- John Muir
- “I think the environment is national security. Protecting your resources is just as important as the protection of the border. Otherwise what is there to protect? “- Robert Redford
World Environment Day 2020 – Anthem
Our cosmic spacecraft, the most beautiful planet in the cosmic blue pearl universe, all the continents, and oceans, we stand as plants and animals, we stand as black, brown, white, different species of the world. We are human beings, the world is our home.
History of World Environment Day
World Environment Day [WED] was established in 1972 by the United Nations General Assembly on the first day of the Stockholm Conference on Human Environment.
Besides making ordinary people aware of the world and addressing environmental problems by implementing some positive environmental measures.
In 1972, the United Nations General Assembly and the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) established World Environment Day to celebrate each year, with some effective publicity at the United Nations Conference on Human Environment, June 1.
It was the World Environment Day first celebrated in 1974 with the “earth only” of some special theme. Since 1974, the World Environment Festival has been taking place in several cities around the world.
If you like these articles about World Environment Day 2020 Theme, Slogan, Quotes & Speech, don’t forget to share it!